Specialist Sports Medicine Jobs In Dubai | WizeJob
Supervise the rehabilitation of injured athletes. Refer athletes for specialized consultation, physical therapy, or diagnostic testing. Prescribe medications for the treatment of athletic-related injuries. Inform athletes about nutrition, hydration, dietary supplements, or uses and possible consequences of medication.
- Provide athletes with education and counseling related to their injury.
- Implement mental strategies that enable athletes to cope with and overcome setbacks or injuries.
- Provide comprehensive diagnoses and treatment of sports or activity related injury.
- Provide nutritional guidance to assist with the rehabilitation process.
- Develop and implement procedures for dealing with emergency injury situations.
- Conduct research into prevention and treatment of injuries or medical conditions.
- Develop and prescribe exercise programs to condition rehabilitated athletes.
- Degree in medicine or related.
- Current state medical license.
- Minimum Three years of experience as a sports medicine physician.
- Ability to communicate and interact closely with all patients.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team including other psychologists, nutritionists, GPs, coaches and physiologists.
- Innovative thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Superb research and counselling skills.
- Tailor strategies that assist athletes in overcoming difficulties, improving performance and preparing for competition.