Social Studies Teacher (Middle School) Jobs In Dubai | GEMS Education
We are searching for an energetic social studies teacher to join our faculty. The social studies teacher’s responsibilities include teaching elements of history, geography, politics, economics, religion, and culture to pupils. You should keep abreast of current events and initiate spirited, respectful debates amongst students. You will also be required to set and grade various assessments.
- Establishing classroom and debating rules, and ensuring all students obey these rules.
- Requesting appropriate textbooks and learning aids.
- Organizing field trips and ensuring permission slips are handed out and signed in a timely manner.
- Participating in school events and acting as a chaperone when required.
- Attending meetings, staff training, conferences, and other ongoing learning programs.
- Informing students of learning opportunities and preparing them for formal debates and other events.
- Degree in education, history, geography, or a related discipline.
- Master’s degree preferable.
- Relevant certification or license may be required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and debating skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Strong multitasking abilities and sound knowledge of current events.
- Strong cultural sensitivity.