GEMS Legacy School
School Librarian Jobs In Dubai | GEMS Legacy School
For More Jobs: Click Here
To undertake the day-to-day running of the school library provision under the direction, guidance and direct supervision of the school Literacy Lead. Specific duties will include overseeing the maintenance and use of the school library, including the Accelerated Reader and Lexia provision, facilitating library-based learning and supporting the delivery of literacy interventions for low ability learners.
- Oversee and facilitate the use of and maintenance of the library.
- Plan and implement library-based learning opportunities/lessons for students.
- Research and implement ideas and strategies for the development of the school library provision and its services, for staff as well as students.
- Assist in implementing and developing the short, medium and long-term strategy for the library.
- Indicate student successes and achievements, communicating with HoY and curriculum leads.
- Nominate, train and develop student librarians.
- Work with teaching staff and students to develop and promote reading for pleasure and participate in schemes with outside agencies, where possible.
- Supervise students in the library, when the student is not the responsibility of a teacher in attendance.
- Numeracy and literacy skills.
- Basic IT skills.
- Have the ability to relate well to children and adults, understanding their needs and being able to respond accordingly
- Good influencing skills to encourage pupils to interact with others and be socially responsible
To apply for this job please visit www.careerjet.ae.