Neurosurgeon Consultant – Hospital Job Vacancy in Dubai Envolve Recruitment
Neurosurgeons diagnose, assess and perform surgery on disorders affecting the central nervous system (brain and spinal cord) and the peripheral nervous system which can involve any area of the body.
- Overseeing and coordinating teams of surgeons and nurses in the operating theater.
- Operating microscopes for surgeries to perform microsurgeries.
- Ordering, performing, and interpreting results of diagnostic tests, such as MRIs, PET scans, and CT scans.
- Assessing and diagnosing patients, prescribing treatments, and monitoring the patients’ progress.
- Meeting with families of patients in surgery and keeping them updated.
- Handling unscheduled emergency surgeries.
- Working with psychiatrists, therapists, and neurologists, and consulting with other departments.
- Performing basic administrative and business tasks, such as keeping records, writing prescriptions, and filling out paperwork.
- Keeping up with new discoveries and attending academic conferences.
- A Medical degree and the successful completion of a residency and fellowship in neurosurgery.
- A license and certification to practice neurosurgery.
- The ability to read and interpret diagnostic reports.
- A thorough knowledge of human anatomy and microsurgery techniques.
- Excellent hand dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to handle physically and mentally demanding tasks, and work under intense pressure and stress.
- The flexibility to handle a constantly shifting schedule.