Logistics Officer Jobs in Sharjah | Petrofac Careers
The Logistics Officer is overall responsible for providing the supply chain needs/requirements of the project including procuring all program supplies and services, accounting for all assets, managing stocks, and managing fleet concerns.
- Monitor incoming notification from expeditor on collection of materials as per purchase order delivery date. Consolidate materials as provided in materials shipping report (MSR) or as discussed by the Project Procurement Manager.
- Assist in performing freight negotiations and establishing shipment schedules. Verify routing and legal limits with respect to over dimensional cargo. Prepare bid tabulation for heavy items and ensure compliance with required specifications.
- Ensure records are in accordance with applicable regulation, policies and standards. Coordinate with selected freight forwarders for transportation of all materials and for receiving shipping documents.
- Track shipments for fulfilment of all shipping documents (Shipping invoices, packing list, certificate of origin) to clear goods at customs without hassle. Issue shipping notification for every shipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Arts with a minimum of 2 years of related experience in logistics
preferably dealing with the EPC, Oil and Gas Industry.