Librarian Jobs In Dubai | GEMS Education
CLick For More Jobs: Click Here
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated Librarian to join our team. As a librarian, you will perform a range of duties such as cataloging library resources, maintaining library records, managing budgets, and planning book sales.
- Collecting and cataloging library resources including books, films, and publications.
- Helping people locate reference and leisure reading materials.
- Maintaining library records and ensuring they are up to date.
- Performing regular audits of the information and inventory on file.
- Educating patrons on how to properly search for information using the library databases.
- Managing budgeting, planning, and employee activities.
- Overseeing the check-out process for books and other resource materials.
- Organizing and hosting book sales, author signings, and other reading events.
- Clarifying the use of library amenities and providing information about library policies.
- Ensuring the library meets the needs of precise groups of its users, including postgraduate students and disabled students.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Library Science is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years experience working in a public library.
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of library databases.
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.