Ground Safety Manager | Latest Jobs in Etihad Airways in UAE
Reporting to Head of Environment, Safety, Health, Quality & Training; the position is accountable for ensuring that all Hub safety and compliance activities are delivered by the local Airport Management team in accordance with all regulatory and airline-specific requirements.
- Lead a team of Safety and Compliance Officers to drive the delivery of a robust SMS at AUH, via local airport support, coaching, training and station safety reviews. Engages with contracted suppliers to develop a strong reporting culture
- Leads the implementation of new policies, procedures and initiatives related to operational safety and compliance management. Will embed approved local procedures where applicable.
- Acts as SME for any queries, event follow up and associated activities from AVSEC, Corporate S&Q, Flight Safety, Fuel management, Catering, Load Control and Cargo teams
- Responsible for investigating safety incidents, liaising closely with relevant operational management teams, other 3rd party suppliers and HQ departments as applicable.
- Degree level education is preferred or 8-10 years’ knowledge of airport operations gained with an airline or ground handling agency, with minimum 2 years’ experience in airline safety management.
- Minimum Diploma or relevant licence/certifications
- Experience in conducting safety investigations
- Experience in principles of hazard identification and risk assessment