Ground Safety Manager Jobs in Abu Dhabi | Etihad Careers
Safety managers are important in every workplace where there may be health and safety hazards, such as construction sites, manufacturing facilities, or warehouses. They focus on maintaining a safe workplace and establishing policies and procedures for other workers.
- Responsible for maintaining a holistic overview of all safety & compliance related mandates at the AUH Hub and leading initiatives to drive the fundamentals of Safety Management Systems (SMS) with airport teams and contracted suppliers. This includes aircraft fueling oversight, load control and catering GSE operation and aircraft interface.
- Responsible for supporting all corporate audits (Internal Audit, S&Q, Regulatory etc.) at AUH Hub. Will provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) guidance to the Operational management team in preparing for audits and will drive the closure of audit findings within defined timescales and as per company standards
- Lead a team of Safety and Compliance Officers to drive the delivery of a robust SMS at AUH, via local airport support, coaching, training and station safety reviews. Engages with contracted suppliers to develop a strong reporting culture
- Leads the implementation of new policies, procedures and initiatives related to operational safety and compliance management. Will embed approved local procedures where applicable.
- Degree level education is preferred or 8-10 years’ knowledge of airport operations gained with an airline or ground handling agency, with minimum 2 years’ experience in airline safety management.
- Minimum Diploma or relevant license/certifications
- Experience in conducting safety investigations
- Experience in principles of hazard identification and risk assessment